An initiative of the 2018 Student Senate

If this is an EMERGENCY, call 911.

Issue/Problem Description
Menstrual Product Refill Request

Approximately 50 restrooms across the Lawrence campus have menstrual products available at no charge as a part of the Jayhawks Matter. Period. program. If product supply is low or out, please submit a Facilities Services request to restock.

menstrual, bathroom, supply, supplies
Events Registration

To ensure activities on campus align with the Protect KU Plan and county guidelines during the pandemic, all in-person events must be registered through the Office of Event Management and Protocol through the event request form. Events include any gathering that is not 1) an academic class within the university curriculum or 2) a school/department internal meeting for business purposes. General information is available here.

events, event, gathering, gatherings
COVID-19 Safety Non-compliance Report

Our Protect KU Pledge says, “As a member of the KU community, I have a responsibility to myself and others, especially those who may be at greater risk.” During the COVID-19 pandemic University Leadership drafted and emergency policy requiring the wearing of face mask that cover the mouth and nose while on campus, except when eating or drinking. Individuals in violation of the policy will be considered in accordance with the circumstances (who, where) of the violation. Report a violation to

mask, coronavirus, masks, covid-19
Issue with Wi-Fi or cable (KU Housing)

KU has contracted with Apogee to provide internet and cable services in KU housing, including residence halls, apartments, and scholarship halls. Contact Appogee directly about any issues. They are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week:

Dorms, Housing, Apartment, Scholarship Hall, Schol Hall, Wi-Fi, WiFi, internet, wireless, Cable, TV
Technology barriers

We are committed to providing technology resources that meet the educational and working needs of all KU employees and students. If any of the tools or websites you encounter are inaccessible, we want to hear about it to address the problem. Please complete a report ticket or call 785-864-4946 to report technology accessibility issues or with comments or suggestions to help us improve. Some examples of technology barriers to report include:

  • Inaccessible software
  • Inaccessible websites
accessibility, technology, assistive, screen assist, barrier
Reporting physical barriers

If you notice or experience a physical accessibility barrier on campus, please complete a report ticket. You could alternately report that barrier to or call 785-864-4946.

Some examples of physical barriers to report include:

  • A sidewalk area that needs a curb cut
  • Accessible doors closing too quickly or failing to operate
  • Elevator out of order
physical barrier, accessibility, elevator out of order, curb cut, ramp, needs, needed
Property Theft

You can contact the KU Public Safety if you have had a personal item stolen and report the theft. See their website for more information.

theft, personal item, stolen, bike, burglary, safety, locked, unlocked
Lost or stolen KU Card

If your KU Card has been lost or stolen, it should be deactivated immediately via the Portal, by calling 785-864-5845 or visiting the Card Center during business hours (M-F, 8:00am-4:30pm). If you have deactivated your KU Card and then find it, you can login to the myKU portal and reactivate it if you have not already received a replacement card.

KU Card, lost stolen, deactivate, activate
Misuse of university resources

Financial accountability is a top priority at the University of Kansas. The University has established a hotline, administered by Lighthouse, to facilitate anonymous reporting of activities that may involve suspected fraud or other wrongdoing. See the Office of Internal Audit for more information.

fraud, financial, accountability, wrongdoing, anonymous, misuse, resources
Faculty and student grievance

Faculty and students who have a complaint or grievance arising within the Office of the Provost or within those offices that report to the Senior Vice Provost for Academic Affairs, the Vice Provost for Administration and Finance, or the Vice Provost for Faculty Development should refer to the formal policy for guidance on how to report.

Grievance, student, faculty, appeal, complaint

There are several ways to formally report a concern or allegation of harassment, discrimination, sexual misconduct, sexual violence, and/or retaliation to the Institutional Opportunity & Access Office.

harassment, discrimination, sexual misconduct, sexual violence, retaliation
Copyright Infringement

The Office of General Counsel provides resources regarding intellectual property, copyright, copyright infringement, and more. 

copyright, fair use, copyright infringement, acceptable use of educational technologies, reproduction of copyrighted works, trademark licensing, visual identity, intellectual property, file sharing
Environment, Health, and Safety - Assistance

You can contact the Department of Environment, Health, and Safety with any concerns or assistance request via web requests, webforms, department email or by phone per their website.

hazardous materials, chemicals, waste
Conflict Resolution

University Ombuds office is a safe place where members of the University of Kansas community can seek informal, independent, and impartial assistance in addressing conflicts, disputes, or complaints on an informal basis without fear of retaliation or judgment. The University Ombuds office is not a mandatory reporting entity, and discussions are confidential and do not constitute notice to the University.

confidential, independent, impartial, conflicts, disputes, Grievance, complaint, discrimination, harassment

Students who experience or witness hazing  should report it to the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards. Your report can be anonymous.

Sexual assault - filing a complaint

There are several ways to formally report a concern or allegation of harassment, discrimination, sexual misconduct, sexual violence, and/or retaliation to the IOA. See the Institutional Opportunity & Access website for more information. 

rape, sexual assault report, filing a complaint, Title IX, witnessing sexual assault, harrassment, discrimination, sexual misconduct, sexual violence
Sexual assault - medical attention

Watkins Health Services provides medical and support services for individuals who have experienced sexual assault. See their website for more information. Note: Victims of sexual assault should be seek medical attention immediately (no greater than 120 hours).

sexual assault, sexual violence, medical, examination, forensic evidence, nurse examiner, counseling, support
Conflict of Interest Reporting

Kansas Board of Regents policy requires faculty and unclassified staff of Regents institutions to file a conflict of interest report upon employment and at least annually thereafter. In addition, federal policies require assurances that all investigators on a research project are in compliance with institutional conflict of interest reporting procedures at the time a proposal is submitted.

conflict of interest, investigators, coi, conflict of time commitment
Concern about research

Anyone inside or outside the university community who has concerns that research is not being conducted in accordance with university policies, with external sponsor requirements, or with federal and state regulations should contact the Office of Research, Research Integrity, at 785-864-4148 or, or through the KU Institutional Hotline

Research misconduct, scholarly misconduct, violation of human subjects protections, compliance concerns relating to the use of animals, breach of electronic protected information related to research, conflict of interest, conflict of time, misuse of research funds, retaliation against whistleblowers
Technology issues

To report an issue with a technology or request assistance, you can contact the KU Information Technology Customer Service Center at 785-864-8080, or by creating a Service Ticket using this webform

IT issues, technology issues, Wi-Fi, wifi, WIFI, WiFi, wireless, internet, email, connectivity, blackboard, printing, computer labs
Student Organization violation

Use the Student Conduct and Community Standards Report an Incident form to report violation(s) committed by student organizations. 

student organization violation
Concern about student

Care reporting is designed to encourage early identification of individuals who may be experiencing difficulty coping with their environment or a life circumstance. You are not required to diagnose a student or worry that you will get the student in trouble. Care reporting does not necessarily lead to disciplinary charges.

student of concern, difficulty coping, student life circumstance, help, hungry, worried, skipping class, skipping, failing, health, mental, mental health, suicide
Student Conduct Violations

To report an incident that you believe violates KU's Student Conduct and Community Standards, you can use the Student Conduct Violation form to make a report. 

student conduct violations, student conduct incident, student disciplinary matters
Student personal injury report form

Students with temporary injuries having difficulty with academic tasks, such as taking tests, taking notes, or getting around campus, should contact the Academic Achievement and Access Center (AAAC) for assistance.

student injury, temporary injury, academic assistance with injury
Facilities Services

If you notice anything having to do with our facilities at KU (leaky faucet, broken hardware, etc.), you can report it to Facilities Services using the webform or email on their website.

Alarms, Blackboards, Bulletin Boards, Blinds, Equipment Installation, Carpet, Ceiling Tiles, Curtains, Electrical, Elevators, Fire Extinquishers, Floor Tiles, Furniture, Graffiti, Keys, Landscape, Lighting, Moving, Pest Control, Plumbing, Trash, Remodeling, Restrooms, Roof, Signs, Steam whitle, Too hot, Too cold, snow, outages, gas leak, windows, running water

One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
5th nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets: Colleges," Military Times
KU Today